Monday, January 10, 2011

Has it really been that long???

I must say, my blog posting the last several months has been very disappointing. So much has happened that I must catch you up quickly.

1. I gained a new brother when my sister, Frances, married Dave in SC on Labor Day weekend.



2. Shane and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. Don't we just look like little babies here?


3. I began volunteering with the youth at our church in September and have began making some great friendships.
4. I completed another semester of college.

5. I gained a new sister when Shane's brother Justin married Elizabeth in December.



6. We enjoyed spending holidays with our family down in NC.

2011 has started off to be a great year. We have so much to be thankful for. This week I started back to school. I am again taking 12 hours and completing a one-hour class that I had to leave unfinished after becoming sick with mono last semester. We are excited about what this year has to bring and I even made a couple resolutions. I share them with you so that you could help hold me accountable and maybe join me on the journey.

1. After years and years of trying, to actually STOP biting my nails.
2. I will not be buying any new clothes this year. If the kids need bigger sizes, we will search for hand-me-downs and then ransack our nearest consignment shop for awesome deals.
3. I am committing to eating out once a week, at most. Picking something up every other day is so easy with my hectic schedule, but 2011 is a year to save money for us and I am determined to make some changes.

4. I WILL BLOG. My goal is to blog at least once weekly....who knows, maybe I'll even blog more.

So, not a whole lot but it's something. I look forward to all the growth that will happen in my life in 2011 and making the commitment to grow closer to God and my family. I hope you will join me on this journey.

-EAK






No comments:

Post a Comment